I'm assuming you're referring to GSoC. The number of people we accept
each year depends on many factors, including how many people apply,
the variety and quality of applications we receive, and the number of
people who are able to mentor the applications we receive. If you look
at past years, we've accepted ~5 people each year and I would guess
this year will likely be around the same number. You can look at the
reports on the wiki to see the actual numbers for each year.

Aaron Meurer