Von: wkitt...@windstream.net [mailto:wkitt...@windstream.net]
Gesendet: Sonntag, 18. Dezember 2016 22:06
An: synalist-public@lists.sourceforge.net
Betreff: Re: [Synalist] filtering of UDP port numbers

On 12/18/2016 03:48 PM, S.C.T.N Gmbh wrote:
> Thank you a lot.
> All this is very concise and clear.
> I have to digest it first and try to translate it into programming code.

that's understood...

> All I need to do, and that is why I posted this here, is to replace a
> serial point-to-point RS232 connection by a  UDP/IP connection, that
> sends one Byte every 100ms in both directions.

why UDP? it is not guaranteed to reach the endpoint... TCP, on the other hand,
is guaranteed...

[quote]
There are two types of Internet Protocol (IP) traffic. They are TCP or
Transmission Control Protocol and UDP or User Datagram Protocol. TCP is
connection oriented – once a connection is established, data can be sent
bidirectional. UDP is a simpler, connectionless Internet protocol.
[/quote]

this link might help... there are several good sites with good explanations
found... https://www.google.com/search?q=difference+between+udp+and+tcp

> If you don't mind I will get back to you.

let's keep it on the list as much as possible... i don't do private assistance
without a contract... that's why my signature says what it does ;)