If i understand - you would need to establish an https connection on the server
to port 443

i don't know about httpproxy code but the synapse code uses

uses blcksock, ssl_openssl;

sock.connect('host.net', '443');

writeln('sock.ssl.sslenabled : ', sock.ssl.sslenabled);
sock.ssldoconnect;
writeln('sock.ssl.sslenabled : ', sock.ssl.sslenabled);