On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 15:40:39 +0100, Patrick Ohly wrote:

[...]

> Relevant for users of Debian binaries is:
>
> commit 50148ab580f8912fa3cf5cd55c1e68050d43cf45
> Author: Patrick Ohly <patrick.o...@intel.com>
> Date:   Thu Sep 25 06:57:50 2014 +0000
>
>     scripting: prevent premature loop timeouts
>
>     The more complex "avoid data loss during merging" scripting ran for longer
>     than 5s limit under extreme conditions (full logging, busy system, running
>     under valgrind), which resulted in aborting the script and a 10500 "local
>     internal error" sync failure.
>
>     The endless loop prevention should only be necessary to detect programming
>     mistakes, so better disable it entirely.

Hi Patrick,

thanks for that.

[...]

> I don't mind getting prodded a bit regarding releases. I'm not actively
> following downstream release cycles, so telling me about them
> occasionally would help to get upstream releases out in time.

OK, I'll keep that in mind. However, saw a bit late that the deadline
for updates in unstable is freeze date minus 10 days. During the last
freezes, packages in unstable at the point of the freeze were allowed
to migrate to testing after the freeze.

And of cause, big thanks to David Bremner for uploading the packages I
submitted as fast as possible.

Regards,
Tino