Hi,

On 04/10/2020 16:23, Merlijn Wajer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 04/10/2020 13:58, Patrick Ohly wrote:
>> Merlijn Wajer <merl...@wizzup.org> writes:
>>> I'm interested in getting the Maemo backend up and running again, to be
>>> used in 'Maemo Leste' (Maemo 5, 100% open source, based on stable
>>> Devuan/Debian).
>>
>> As you noticed, that backend needs a maintainer. I'm currently trying to
>> get an updated SyncEvolution release-ready (using more modern C++,
>> adapted to recent versions of the libraries it depends on). If you care
>> about Maemo to work in that release, then now is a good time to debug
>> this.
>
> Ok, if I can bend it into shape I'm happy to maintain it for now.

Please let me know if you would like me to pick up some maintenance
tasks. As per below, I currently have the code working with the latest
syncevolution.

>> There is a "for-master/master-next" branch with the revised code, but I
>> am still rebasing that from time to time.
>
> Check, let me try to get it to work first.
>
>>> Then, I can see my calendar backends and invoke a sync, but it throws a
>>> weird error when I try to sync like this:

>>> This error shows up a lot (but maybe it is not harmful?):

>>> 4294967295) > this->size() (which is 11)
>>
>> This indicates that an invalid string replace was attempted for a C++
>> string (out-of-bounds index), which got caught by the C++ runtime and
>> turned into an exception.
Problem found and fixed. The problem was with calendar-backend, and
never even having been run on any 64 bit platform. (It was using 'int',
'unsigned int' instead of string::size_type or 'size_t')
I will be performing more cleanups on that codebase.

So the problem wasn't in syncevolution at all. That said -- what can I
do to get the Maemo backend marked as active again?

Cheers,
Merlijn