--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "Steve Lane" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 
wrote:
> I am looking to learn how to implement newsfeeds on my website. I 
> have no clue however I do have a url for the newsfeed I want to 
use. 

You can use whatever you'd like.  Just make sure you stick with it so 
anyone subcribed won't have to change too many things if you switch 
to different tools.

Thus it might be considered 'better' to use:

http://example.com/xml/rss

instead of 
http://example.com/xml/rss.php
http://example.com/rss/news.cgi
http://example.com/news/rss.cfm

But since most sites don't often change tools it's really no big deal 
to use whatever works.  Consistency is the key.

> Is this the right group for this for me to be in?

Sure, we can probably answer most syndication and newsfeed related 
questions here.

-Bill Kearney
Syndic8.com




------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/IRislB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

To find more info about Syndicated XML newsfeeds visit http://www.syndic8.com 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 

Reply via email to