Well, I think neither you or I can approve a self-suggested feed. I
think it's a security protocol: it prevents us from approving our
feeds, if they were lame feeds.


On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 21:12:26 -0000, stedivee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  
>  Yes, explanation understood :)
>  
>  Is it so, that if I suggest a feed using Syndic8.com's own suggest
>  feature, I can not approve it myself?
> 
> 
>  
>  --- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  > > I've noticed that the most active user in Syndic8 is "bloglines".
>  > > Some feeds I've approved have a note in the action log 
>  > > "Discovered while creating list from OPML list". Is there 
>  > > some automation process via Bloglines? If I create an OPML in 
>  > > Bloglines, do feeds get as suggested in Syndic8? Just a wild guess.
>  > 
>  > It's possible to suggest feeds to Syndic8 in a number of ways.  One
>  of which
>  > is via opml file importing.  Any user can suggest a set of feeds as
>  a list.
>  > Lists can be made public or private.  The privacy allowing a user to
>  collect
>  > a list of feeds without publishing the fact.  The URLs for the feeds are
>  > public (but may have their own http authentication) but the user's
>  > collection of them can be kept private.  
>  > 
>  > In the case of bloglines the feeds are shared with syndic8 (as we
>  share with
>  > them) independent of any one user's consumption of them. 
>  Essentially the
>  > feed URLs are public but not whether anyone in particular is using them
>  > unless that user has explicitly setup a public list.  Bloglines
>  doesn't tell
>  > us anything about who's using the feeds on their end of things.  Nor
>  do we
>  > tell them (or anyone else) who might be using a feed on a private list.
>  > 
>  > Personal lists are something we were the first to implement.  
>  > 
>  > Does that explain it well enough?
>  > 
>  > -Bill Kearney
>  
>  
>  
>  
> 
>  
> 
>  To find more info about Syndicated XML newsfeeds visit
> http://www.syndic8.com 
> 
>  
>  
>  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor 
>  
>  ADVERTISEMENT
>  
>  
>  ________________________________
>  Yahoo! Groups Links
>  
> To visit your group on the web, go to:
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/
>   
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>   
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service. 


-- 
Atte

Rolando Garza
http://rolandog.blogspot.com


------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/IRislB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

To find more info about Syndicated XML newsfeeds visit http://www.syndic8.com 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to