> > Can't figure out why I would want to put a link to my original source > > (Blogger) on my blog. What am I missing?
It'd be appropriate to submit them both. > No your blogger source, the feed url. FeedBurner doesn't give us the raw RSS > we need at Syndic8.com <http://Syndic8.com>, as far as I know. > Syndic8.com<http://Syndic8.com>has it's own stats for feeds, not sure > what you are looking for. Well, Jeff and I (the "we" at syndic8) are fine with both being listed. We generally prefer having a site's own URLs for feeds and not a third-party or scraping service. The idea being that since it's your feed using your URL is the best way to guarantee that it's being reliably delivered. You're not beholden to a third-party service and any potential reliability or compliance problems. We've seen a number of such services come and go over time and, well, the users get stuck with dead URLs. That said it's fine to list them both, even when the source URL silently redirects to the third-party URL. > > I don't know the protocol for this forum. Should I reply back to everyone > > who replies to me, even if it's only to say "Thanks," or is that considered > > not appropriate because it just takes up space. It's entirely up to you. I generally send "thank you" notes directly to the people. No sense in cluttering up the list with them. When the post is one that has on-going questions or opens new lines of thought I generally find it's best to reply back to the list itself. This helps keep the conversation going and also offers ways for newbies to learn. It also helps bring the grizzled veterans out of the corners when the real tough questions come up... > You'll get all the messages posted to the group either way. The difference > is with 'Digest' you will get them all in one big lump daily or whenever, > where as the current mode you get them as they are posted. (My preferred > way) More mail, faster responses :) I agree. Digest mode keeps mailbox clutter down to a minimum but it also tend to inhibit responses. Digest mode is a pain to use in replying. Fortunately yahoo's web interface allows you to reply. When I get something in a digest I like to use the web page to reply instead of driving myself crazy trying to cut and paste the right pieces together from the digest mode. -Bill Kearney Syndic8.com ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> What would our lives be like without music, dance, and theater? Donate or volunteer in the arts today at Network for Good! http://us.click.yahoo.com/Tcy2bD/SOnJAA/cosFAA/IRislB/TM --------------------------------------------------------------------~-> If you're getting "too much mail" then send a message to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (this will tell it to stop sending you mail) To change your membership use THIS WEB PAGE: http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/join (here you can set your mail to digest, no mail or LEAVE the list) To find more info about Syndicated XML newsfeeds visit http://www.syndic8.com/ Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/ <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
