Hi All,

Sorry for being so quiet. Just juggling lots of stuff here.

I am looking for a Syndic8 user who also happens to be on the bleeding
edge of Greasemonkey usage. I have written a very cool little script 
which simplifies the process of finding and submitting feeds and I 
need some external testing and feedback.

The script needs the very newest Greasemonkey (version 0.4.2), which
you can find at 
<http://mozdev.org/pipermail/greasemonkey/2005-July/004542.html>/.

Once you have that installed, you can install my script by visiting
<http://www.syndic8.com/find_feeds.user.js> and selecting "Install
This User Script..."

When this script is loaded and active, it scans each page for the 
"link" tags which denote the presence of an RSS or Atom feed for the 
page. When these tags are found, the feeds are checked against
the Syndic8 feed database. If the feeds are not known, the script
asks you if you want to suggest them. If you do, it creates a fresh 
Firefox tab and opens up the Syndic8 Suggest page with the feed(s) 
already loaded. You simply need to review them, check the checkboxes 
as desired, and then submit the feeds.

The UI is still a bit rough, but this thing works and I have found a 
ton of feeds today while just browsing around.

If you would like to give this a whirl and let me know what you think,
that would be awesome. I need some feedback and at least one "yeah 
baby, this is cool" before I put any more time into it.

Thanks!

Jeff;

-- 
* RSS Feeds:       http://www.syndic8.com
* Blog:            http://www.syndic8.com/~jeff/blog/
* Web Services:    http://aws.typepad.com
* Resume:          http://www.syndic8.com/~jeff/resume.html



------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
<font face=arial size=-1><a 
href="http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12h55ulee/M=362343.6886682.7839641.1493532/D=groups/S=1706173512:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1122623712/A=2894354/R=0/SIG=11qvf79s7/*http://http://www.globalgiving.com/cb/cidi/c_darfur.html";>Help
 Sudanese refugees rebuild their lives through GlobalGiving</a>.</font>
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

If you're getting "too much mail" then send a message to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(this will tell it to stop sending you mail)

To change your membership use THIS WEB PAGE: 
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/join
(here you can set your mail to digest, no mail or LEAVE the list)

To find more info about Syndicated XML newsfeeds visit http://www.syndic8.com/ 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to