Hi!

Last time we're working with synfig very intensively and noticed a
huge difference in stability between
a75d39ae6509cd7b24e8924ffab41e8014591a8f and
47fce282611fbba1044921d22ca887f9b53ad91a commits.

To be more specific: starting from
47fce282611fbba1044921d22ca887f9b53ad91a Synfig Studio is crashes
often alot. It's hard to reproduce crashes, they happen randomly, but
in most cases symptoms are:
 - crash when moving time cursor on a timeline
 - freezing or crashing when manipulating waypoints
 - freezing at closing applications

I experience this issues when working on shot 20 - that means working
with imported bitmaps, canvas switches and stickman, manipulating
waypoints and keyframes. Also there's a reports of crashes during
tracing bitmaps with blines.

I can't offer recipe to reproduce crashes, because I repeat - they
happen at random basis. But we always switching packages corresponding
to those commits and the statistic is significant.

I want to ask - if someone who work intensively last time with synfig
experiencing something similar with latest revisions? Could someone
confirm that by making some tests? I could offer a packages we use for
that commits, but the experiment will be more fair if person willing
to test will build synfig for himself.

My proposal is:
 1. revert commits 2fde73ebec7ee1bcb147abc19d16b1bc0deb17bf and
47fce282611fbba1044921d22ca887f9b53ad91a in master branch
 2. put mentioned commits in separate branch so they will not lost and
maybe someone will fix them in the future.

Cheers!
Konstantin.

--
http://morevnaproject.org/