Hi!
I'm following the changes being made in the bones branch by Ivan.

The Transformation class (as a new type) is a great idea and its
representation as composite of rotation, translation and both scales is
great. From the point of view of the user it is good, because user can fine
tune the values editing them manually.

But I wonder why internally it is not represented as a matrix. With a
3x3 matrix (augmented 2x2 matrix [1]) it is possible to produce not only
rotation translation and scale but also shear mapping perspective
projection or homothety due to the properties of the affine transformations
[2]. Then we could use that matrix in other kind of effects without need to
rewrite more code since the matrix algebra is exactly the same.

Cheers, Carlos

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Augmented_matrix
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affine_transformation

--