Hello, Djay!

Thanks for taking bringing this up. ^__^

> 1) What do you think about engage the process of a bug fix release for the
> 1.0.x series ?
>
> bug fix :
> * current file version
> * guide crash (merge pending)
> * guide rulers remove
>
> enhancement:
> * appdata
> * hide all handles alt+0
> * select param from handle
> * split tangent indicator

In the current situation I feel reasonable to release 1.2.0, based on
current master branch.
I think that master branch is stable enough, so instead of doing two
releases (1.0.3 and 1.2.0) we can save our time and release only one.
^__^

In 1.2.0 we will have:
* Testing version of Cobra (as experimental feature)
* Lipsync / Papagayo integration
* New preferences dialogue
* C++11 compatibility
* anything else I forgot ^__^

I believe those features are highly demanded by users and can help
bring attention to the project.

What would be nice to get finished before release of 1.2.0:
* The choice of rendering engine should be saved in SIF file, not in
preferences of application. I think it's fine to store chosen
rendering engine in file metadata.
* Problem with opening files generated by Inkscape -
http://www.synfig.org/issues/thebuggenie/synfig/issues/883 (the
generated files are ok, but Synfig interprets them in a wrong way).

> 2) What do think to make a community call for helping us ?
>
> * writers and translators for the wiki.
> * a template/style for the forums, and someone who masterize mediawiki for
> the little update here and there...
> * coders
> * other things i forgot...

Please feel free to write a text for the call and I will be happy to
publish it on the blog. ^__^

Please consider, that the community call would mean that we have
someone who have a time to manage responses to the call. Unfortunately
at this moment I can't afford this. So, it probably would be nice to
make a forum thread for the call, so others can manage responses.

One more thing regarding the 1.2.0 release - we can have a splash
screen challenge, if someone is willing to organize it.

What's needed:
* Write a clear announcement about the splash.
* Make a forum thread and put announcement there.
* Define start and end date.
* Close the call on end date (notify everyone in the forum thread).

Challenge rules:
* Duration - one month.
* I would like to take responsibility for choosing the winner.
* No requirement for particular theme, but it would be nice is splash
will include Parrots (Papagayos) or Cobras. ^__^
* Challenge entry should provided under the following license:
CC-BY-SA (CC-BY or Public Domain or CC-0 also allowed)

Best Regards,
K.