On 11/8/2017 3:36 PM, Dave Jones wrote:
I think there are old "zombie" scripts out there trying to curl fetch updates outside of using sa-update.  Maybe they are trying to fetch them into their own copy/repo or something?  I don't know for sure.

Should we remove DNS entries for all "ancient" versions.  What versions do we officially support currently with ruleset generation?  We are only testing new rulesets against 3.4.x. Should we remove the DNS records for anything older than 3.3.0? That is the oldest TXT record for modern rulesets in 2017.

For now, I vote no but if any mirror operators feel otherwise, I would be willing to change to a neutral.  It's just interesting to me but not causing any resource issues for me.  Especially now the 3 second guy is gone thanks!

Regards,

KAM