WG,

I am, too, currently implementing an -sign message parser (but not yet
signing). I am parsing the timestamp.

In ABNF, we say:

      full-time       = partial-time time-offset

That means I must have a time-offset in any case. What should I do (when
generating messages) if I simply do not (reliably) know the TZ the
device is in? This could happen, e.g. if the device TZ is not
configured. Wouldn't it be better to NOT include any timestamp
information so that the receiver knows of the fact I do  not know the
TZ. This would change the above to

      full-time       = partial-time [time-offset]

I know this is not a very common case, but it may happen.

Any thoghts?
Rainer