I think this again is a good wake-up call. After all, here in this
group, we are talking about on-the wire protocols and specifications. In
the light of this, a "syslog-storage" RFC is something that inherently
is out of scope for IETF, as there is no communication involved.

Anyhow, I think the message format description is flexible enough to
even accomodate such secondary use cases. But they MUST not influence
tradeoff decisions in designing the on-the-wire protocol.

I think the discussion was very useful. And every vendor is still free
to use the same format for other purposes. Its just not a priority for
this group here.

Rainer