Hi Everyone,

I've updated the WG web page:
  http://www.employees.org/~lonvick/index.shtml
In it, and on the IETF WG page, the due dates are a bit past due and
don't reflect the way in which we are now proceeding.  I'd like to propose
these new Milestones and Dates.

---

Jul 04  Submit Syslog Protocol to IESG for consideration as a PROPOSED
        STANDARD

Jul 04  Submit Syslog Transport Mapping to IESG for consideration as a
        PROPOSED STANDARD.

Jul 04  Submit Syslog Device MIB to IESG for consideration as a PROPOSED
        STANDARD.

Oct 04  Submit Syslog Authentication Protocol to IESG for consideration as
        a PROPOSED STANDARD.

Oct 04  Submit Syslog Internationalization to IESG for consideration as
        a PROPOSED STANDARD.

Apr 05  Revise drafts as necessary to advance these Internet-Drafts to
        Standards Track RFCs.

---

This will give us about 3 months to resolve issues in syslog-protocol and
syslog-transport-udp so they may be submitted together.  This will also
give Glenn the same amount of time but it looked like many of his issues
were resolved during the meeting.  After that, we'll have the next 3
months for Jon to align syslog-sign with syslog-protocol/transport, and
for us to decide upon how we will address syslog-international.  Once
those are done, we can move forward with 3195bis and see about moving the
documents to Draft Standards.

Please send in your comments about these dates.  Are we being too
optimistic?  Do the ID authors/editors need more time?

Thanks,
Chris