Hi WG,

sorry, many postings from me today. I promise a new ID will follow
shortly :)

This is in regard to structured data elements. Currently, they are
allowed everywhere. It was suggested that they should be allowed only in
a specific field. I am tracking this here:

http://www.syslog.cc/ietf/protocol/issue8.html

Currently missing on this page are Albert's well thought-out comments:

http://www.syslog.cc/ietf/autoarc/msg01176.html

After thinking about the full issue, I, too, would recommend to move the
structured data elements to a specific header element (much in the way
Albert describes). If nobody objects, I will do so with the next edit. I
think the text will become much cleaner, also implementation errors are
probably less likely.

Rainer