From: "Rainer Gerhards" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <syslog-sec@employees.org>
Sent: Friday, September 30, 2005 6:41 PM
Subject: RE: [Syslog-sec] AD Review for draft-ietf-syslog-protocol-14

Hello all,

I have thought quite a while about Sam's very good message. There are
pros and cons in all approaches. Before going ahead, I would *really*
appreciate any feedback from the WG on what the WG members would prefer.
In short words:

- enterprise-id based unique vendor SD-IDs
- vendor SD-IDs as in ssh
- stick with x- but relax the IANA policy

I have brought the options down to 3 bulletpoints in hopes to get more
response. Of course, there are some subtle things to think about with
any of the three choices.

Feedback is highly appreciated.
Rainer