From: Rainer Gerhards [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2006 8:08 PM
To: Carson Gaspar
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [Syslog] RE: byte-counting vs special character

Carson,

Legacy code does not contain LF in messages. It is advised that
new-style syslog also does not contain control characters
(though it now
is allowed).

Thus the argument is valid. Again, I do not object octet-couting (I
actually introduced the idea ;)) but find it the second
best-solution.
Maybe we should do a simple poll - some have already voiced their
choices...

Rainer