On Wed, May 02, 2007 at 08:23:38AM -0700, Andy Bierman wrote:

>  Are you suggesting a set of standard SDEs for particular MIB objects,
>  or the SDE encoding rules for an arbitrary MIB object? Or both?

draft-marinov-syslog-snmp-00.txt suggests a number SDs that can wrap
arbitrary SNMP notifications in a syslog message. Note that SNMP
notification to syslog translators are widely deployed and our idea
was simply to provide a lossless common way for doing this.

/js

PS: Do we really have to do this cross-posting thing? Can we host this
    discussion in a single place?

Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany