On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 9:42 AM, Lennart Poettering
<lenn...@poettering.net> wrote:
>> I tried modifying e.g. plymouth-reboot.service to have:
>> Before=reboot.service shutdown.target umount.target final.target
>> reboot.target
>
> That suggests that the plymouth client tool is not waiting for the
> operation to finish but just asynchonrously queueing the reuest, which
> is something that should be fixed in plymouth.

You're probably right, but before we get there, even with the above
Before= change, systemd seems to be starting plymouth-reboot.service
rather late in the process. Logs from a reboot with the Before= change
made as above:

http://dev.laptop.org/~dsd/20120411/shutdown2.txt

Any ideas?

Thanks