On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 11:56:07PM +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> On 12/10/2012 10:08 PM, Chris Leech wrote:
> >
> >2) Proper ordering of the iscsi.service for non-root filesystems.
> >
> >Any and all feedback and/or help welcome.
> >

> Looking the unit file for iscsid I do believe I missed this (
> basically the same as multipath unit ) since you know it's early
> boot special, root and all that ;)
>
> [Unit]
>
> # Before or After lvm2-activation-early.service
> DefaultDependencies=no
> Conflicts=shutdown.target
>
> [Install]
> WantedBy=sysinit.target

Thanks, this got me going in the right direction.  These unit files
seems to be working much better for me, with the startup and shutdown
ordering between iscsi, iscsid, and remote-fs mounts sorted out.  I'm
not sure about the tgtd/targetcli stuff, not sure what the original need
there was.

My non-root test install with /home on iSCSI also has a swap partition
on it, and that's still causing me all sorts of trouble if I don't
comment it out in fstab.  Trying to order all this before swap.target
blew up in my face pretty good.

- Chris

--- iscsi.service ---

[Unit]
Description=Login and scanning of iSCSI devices
Documentation=man:iscsiadm(8) man:iscsid(8)
DefaultDependencies=no
Conflicts=shutdown.target
After=systemd-remount-fs.service network.target iscsid.service iscsiuio.service
Before=remote-fs.target
ConditionPathExists=/etc/iscsi/initiatorname.iscsi

[Service]
Type=oneshot
ExecStart=/usr/libexec/iscsi_mark_root_nodes
ExecStart=/sbin/iscsiadm -m node --loginall=automatic
ExecStop=/bin/sync
ExecStop=/sbin/iscsiadm -m node --logoutall=automatic
RemainAfterExit=true

[Install]
WantedBy=sysinit.target

--- iscsid.service ---

[Unit]
Description=Open-iSCSI
Documentation=man:iscsid(8) man:iscsiadm(8)
DefaultDependencies=no
Conflicts=shutdown.target
After=network.target tgtd.service targetcli.service
Before=remote-fs-pre.target

[Service]
Type=simple
ExecStart=/usr/sbin/iscsid -f -n
ExecStop=/sbin/iscsiadm -k 0 2

--- iscsid.socket ---

[Unit]
Description=Open-iSCSI iscsid Socket
Documentation=man:iscsid(8) man:iscsiadm(8)

[Socket]
ListenStream=@ISCSIADM_ABSTRACT_NAMESPACE

[Install]
WantedBy=sockets.target