Am 04.01.2013 10:02, schrieb Alexander E. Patrakov:
> [Yes I know that this mail is several months too late, but better late
> then never. Also it is too verbose.]
>
> As of systemd-189, the persistent rule generators for network cards
> were removed. They did serve a purpose - they prevented the multiple
> network cards from being randomly renumbered during every boot due to
> bus scanning and module loading being performed in parallel
> threads/processes (i.e. modules were loaded in unpredictable order)

but hopefully /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules will be recognized
forever if it exists because there are many servers especially virtual
ones where you hardly need to control ethernet device names to avoid
breaking iptables-scripts as example

keep in mind there are MANY setups which do not need nor want
biosdevname and are bootet with biosdevname=0 on the kernel line

P.S.: i HATE it to need "ifconfig -a" and hack "70-persistent-net.rules"
by hand instead as all the years open it and change back the last line
to "eth0" after probe-restore of a virtual machine to temporary access
a datarecovery backup from some weeks ago