On 06/27/2013 06:30 PM, Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:
> From: Holger Hans Peter Freyther <hol...@moiji-mobile.com>
>
> Allow to cache the cg_get_root_path and introduce a new method
> cg_pid_get_path_shifted_with_root that can use the cached version
> instead of allocating a new string.

My 2c,

I have been thinking about something similar albeit a bit more
generic.

According to my analysis /proc access is costly and it would
be best to cache the result for later use.  Difficulty comes
from trying to keep cache up to date, though.

I've just started looking into connector's cn_proc which _seem_
to offer all the required functionality (fork, exec, exit
notifications).  I have to finish my prototype to verify if
it's worth complications it brings.

Thanks