On Mon, 15.07.13 17:56, WANG Chao (chaow...@redhat.com) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a service (a script) running under systemd and need its stderr to
> be output'd immediately, not line buffered. I tried serveral ways but
> didn't work out. I hope to get some feedback here :)

This is not supported. Logging doesn't deal in individual
characters, really, but in log lines. Syslog doesn't do that, and
neither does the Journal.

And we will never support that, as allowing this would require us to
always store the context a character was printed in so that lines could
later be reassembled. But we cannot really do that.

So, I fear I have to tell you that this is not supported and never
will...

> Here's my foobar.service:

(Humm, please do not use "--" on a single line in the middle of an
email, that's indication for many MUAs that this is where the signature
starts, and they chop this off when replying...)

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.