I am new to systemd and I am trying to power off a UPS unit using a home-made service unit /lib/systemd/system/ups-delayed-shutdown.service running on openSUSE 12.3.

   [Unit]
   Description=Initiate delayed UPS shutdown
   Before=umount.target

   [Service]
   Type=oneshot
   ExecStart=/usr/lib/ups/driver/upsdrvctl shutdown

   [Install]
   WantedBy=poweroff.target

I ran command "systemctl --system reenable /lib/systemd/system/ups-delayed-shutdown.service" to create the link to poweroff.target, but when the box is powered down, for example with command "systemctl poweroff", my service unit does nothing.

Command "systemctl list-units -t target --all" does not list poweroff.target. Does this mean that systemd does not recognize the poweroff target? I tried replacing poweroff.target with final.target but this had no effect.

How should I go about debugging this? I can find no equivalent of Bash's "set -x" to trace the operation of systemd on my unit.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Roger