On Wed, 11.09.13 12:00, Colin Walters (walt...@verbum.org) wrote:

> On Wed, 2013-09-11 at 16:55 +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:
>
> > Well, but /etc would be one of those which would be listed in that "OS
> > resource dir list"...
>
> Sure, it makes total sense for systemd to hard require it (and the
> others) to be mounted; again I'm just more interested in the unmounting.
>
> > So there's three steps:
> >
> > 1. normal unmounting using mount units
>
> Trying to do this with current ostree is causing problems, and similarly
> with special LiveCD setups, and as danpb said a while ago, container
> cases where the external system mounts resources for the container.

Can you elaborate on this? Why wouldn't it suffice to drop in a .mount
unit for the mount in question which excludes the mount point from being
unmounted with this?

> > 2. killing spree unmounting of left-overs in a tight loop based on
> > /proc/self/mountinfo
>
> This part works fine for me.
>
> > 3. initrd unmounting of remaining OS resource dirs
>
> And I don't need this myself; having to keep the initramfs around just
> to invoke umount() would be kind of lame when systemd can just do it
> itself easily enough after all processes other than pid 1 are gone.
>
> So step 3 is only needed AIUI for network/daemon-controlled root
> filesystem (per
> http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/RootStorageDaemons/ )

Not just that. Also for complex local storage where some block device
needs to be dissambled before we power down...

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.