Greetings all,

I have been trying to convert a LSB initscript of a package into corresponding systemd service file. Most init scripts are simple and translating them into systemd unit files is non-trivial. In this case it is a relatively long script involving some loops.

1) Should I write a script file separately and then call it through 'ExecStart'?
or
2) It would be good (and do-able) idea to fit whole script inside ExecStart=/bin/sh -c " <script>"? (If yes, I would prefer it as it will free me from hassle of maintaining two files)

If 2) seems appropriate, can anyone please share something which involves using of loop inside systemd service file?

Thanks,
Shakeel