On 12/11/2013 07:24 PM, Mantas Mikulėnas wrote:
 >>  > Is it possible to do an automatic shutdown when there is no more room
 >> to for journald to log? (They did not want to have logging removed.)
 >>
 >> Currently no. journald tries to never use more than the configured % of
 >> disk space and rotates away old logs, so it won't ever see a "disk full"
 >> error. But a syslog daemon might help.
 >

 > The person asking it found it not acceptable that logging
disappeared. But it could be done by a cron job of-course.

Logging does not disappear; /old/ logs do. If they need to be preserved,

But that was what the original questioner did not find acceptable. He found shutting down a better option as removing old logs. I did not understand it, but there are more things I do not understand. :-)