On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 2:45 PM, Daniel J Walsh <dwa...@redhat.com> wrote:

You mean

"!in_initrd() || access(selinux_path(), F_OK) >= 0"?

I don't think so - that would mean we would silently continue if enforcing=1, but we happen to not find a policy on disk. Right?

I think my patch is better than this - systemd will attempt to load policy from *only* the real root (not the initramfs), using the exact same logic as is in libselinux currently.

For example, it would allow explicitly specifying enforcing=1 on the kernel command line, and that would continue to cause an explicit failure if policy is not found.