Compilation works okay here. And "make check" said "PASS: test-namespace".

> The change I made is to complain if __NR_setns is not defined.

The approach with an error message (at runtime) was taken from
iproute2. I used that because for many (desktop) users namespace
support isn't really needed. So if the libc would really not provide
it, ... who cares. Then just the namespace related units wouldn't
work, and they are not central to system bringup.

I didn't knew the syscall numbers differs between architectures. It
never occured to me that this could be a sane design :-)