Am 11.04.2014 03:01, schrieb Lennart Poettering:
> Tradditionally on Linux this is done via login.defs, but I am
> really not convinced this should be runtime configurable. I'd prefer to
> detect the minimal normal UID at compile time, and then use that to
> distuingish normal from system users

please don't hardcode such things
Fedora has for many realeases 1000

[root@srv-rhsoft:~]$ cat /etc/login.defs | grep UID_MIN
UID_MIN                   500

that's just why configuration exists and how it looks
after many dist-upgrades

chnage that not doable in case one has to maintain dozens
of machines where from day one every admin took care that
all users have identical ID's and LDAP is not a topic in
case you have a virtual infrastructure with cloned guests
in different network segments - so the change UID_MIN
to 1000 won't happen there