Am 22.04.2014 07:07, schrieb Lennart Poettering:
> On Fri, 18.04.14 11:34, Thomas Bächler (tho...@archlinux.org) wrote:
>
>> According to [1], when a persistent timer runs its service on boot, it
>> delays startup.
>
> Humm? What precisely do you mean by "delays bootup"? Just scheduling a
> timer unit should have about zero effect on boot times... If it does
> this would be a bug.

From the description that I linked in the first post, it seems that the
unit it started as soon as the timer is started. I don't know if "delay
bootup" is the right expression, but the Type=idle units, like getty,
don't start until the timer's unit finished starting up.

> What does "systemctl list-jobs" print when this happens? (i.e. when the
> bootup is supposedly delayed?)

I'd have to build a test-case for this, since I have not seen any
negative effect myself yet (I can't do this until later this week). I'm
CC'ing the original reporter, maybe he can give more information.