Hi,

Currently, systemd symlinks ~/.local/share/systemd/user to ~/.config/systemd/user. I'd prefer to not have that symlink. I'd want the two locations have different semantics, analogous to the separation between /usr/lib/systemd/user and /etc/systemd/user, i.e. service upstreams should install units to ~/.local/share/systemd/user and users should customize in ~/.config/systemd/user.

I suppose there are very few service upstreams that install their software to the user home directory, but I happen to be writing such software myself. My project is just a toy, though, but I think the general approach of installing a user service to the user home directory makes sense, as it avoids the need to have root access.

So, would a patch that removes the symlinking be accepted?

--
Tanu