First, thank you very much for your quick responses.

I had missed the description in man systemd.unit ("If any of these options is assigned the empty string, ..." at the end of the paragraph about Condition*, right?) and a snippet as posted by Michal works (I had already checked this myself but not posted back yet).
So sorry for the noise.

What seems odd to me is that all Config* options of a unit in /usr have to appear in the snippet in /etc if it's intended to change only a part of them but leave the others unmodified. But this is for a reason, I guess?

Regards