On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 06:10:06PM +0200, Tom Gundersen wrote:
> For kmod and systemctl this is fine (so I'd be happy to take a patch
> to make that change), but for udevadm it feels weird as the
> documentation there says the format should be "udevadm trigger". Maybe
> something to fix in the libc (assuming the problem is that it enforces
> an order).

It's not just the documentation. This patch wasn't tested at all:

$ udevadm --type=devices --action=add trigger
udevadm: unrecognized option '--type=devices'

udevadm makes 2 option parsing rounds with the first round stopping as
soon as it encounters a non-option argument. So, the rationale behind
this patch is bogus, as is the change.