> Or to put this differently we will not create. come up with, ship ( and
> thus support those ) generators but expect consumers of systemd to use
> systemd and it's format natively in their environment.
>
> Alexandre why did you decide to write that generate to begin with?

Hi,

I've been using the systemd-cron Debian package since 2013/10 to take care of
/etc/cron.daily/
I soon noticed it wasn't processing the crontabs , I added a symlink on
/etc/cron.weekly/
to emulate the one I cared about and forgot about it.

Then in june there was a bug filled to remove the "Provides: cron-daemon"

This prompted me to find a better solution.

Konstantin Stepanov and

> Why not migrate what needs to be migrated to native system timer formats
> for those relevant component and leave the rest be handled by the
> traditional cron daemons since those two components complement each
> others shortcomings ?

"The rest" ? The generator can now handle all possible cases