Some time ago, I have complained that some boots are unsuccessful, because the /dev/disk/by-id/ata-OCZ-VECTOR_OCZ-Z5CB4KC20X0ZG7F8-part2 symlink (which should point to /dev/sda2) is not created by udev in the initramfs (which uses dracut). Thankfully, people on IRC have suggested some useful debugging options:

systemd.log_level=debug rd.udev.log-priority=debug

So now I have a SOS report. It is over 1 MB, so not attached. The useful lines are:

[ 3.026515] localhost systemd-udevd[319]: Unable to flock(/dev/sda), skipping event handling: Resource temporarily unavailable [ 3.027224] localhost systemd-udevd[333]: Unable to flock(/dev/sda), skipping event handling: Resource temporarily unavailable

Let me complain here that these error messages still don't contain the complete picture. How am I supposed to know which program in my dracut-created initramfs locks /dev/sda and interferes with udev event handling?

--
Alexander E. Patrakov