Hi all,

I'd like to realize a staged startup with systemd which is mainly about:
- starting up a static tree up to a final service
- the only job of the final service is to kick off the start of an additional
sub tree of units

This kind of startup could be realized simply by adding an additional one shot
service which executes: systemctl start xxx.target

My question now is:
Is this the appropriate way for realizing this or is there any other more
elegant way. My problem with this approach is that systemd executes a binary
(systemctl), which communicates with systemd just to queue a new job in
systemd. Sounds as if there should be a way which is a bit more direct ...

Thx for any feedback.

Best regards

Marko Hoyer