On Thu, 05.02.15 16:11, Dimitri John Ledkov (dimitri.j.led...@intel.com) wrote:

> Some context for this patch.
>
> I would like to support a new preset model, which has the following
> properties:
>
>  - distribution shipped defaults are enabled
>  - and are applied to each boot/upgrade
>  - without overriding any user configuration
>
> In many ways it is very similar to existing functionality but not
> quite possible to achieve all of the above.
>
> Thus, I'm introducing a new optional functionality, new unit
> configuration directory, and new transient-preset configurations.
>
> On each boot, if TransientPreset=yes, presets from
> /usr/lib/systemd/system-preset-transient/*.preset are applied into
> configuration path /run/systemd/system-preset-transient/.

Why do we need an option for this? Can't the logic be to do this
unconditionally if the /run/systemd/system-preset-transient/ dir
exists and is non-empty?

Configuration options are for user/admins, but I am pretty sure this
is a distro choice, not something the admin should be able to toggle
without change the distro.