resending, didn't go to list the first time (sorry for the duplicate)

Am 16.02.2015 um 12:00 schrieb "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson":
In the simplest case, the init script is trivial and you just create a
simple native service and are better off anyway. But most of the time,
init scripts where you want to override headers are provided by third
parties, and do a lot of involved things, and as an administrator you
don't want to port the old init script yourself, you just want to call
the original one and be done with it. (And even worse, some
third-party init scripts don't even come with LSB headers, even in
2015.)

That's a matter of perception we prefer migrating the legacy sysv
initscript on these parts to take advantage of administrator features
systemd provides.

Sure, in an ideal world. But as I said in my initial mail, if you have
crappy scripts provided by third-parties, this is not always an option.
And I don't think init scripts are going to fully disappear in the next
10 years, it's not realistic - especially if you look at a lot of
third-party scripts, where the authors appear to have had no clue about
what they were doing.

Christian