Le 20/02/2015 15:41, Michael Biebl a écrit :
Hello all,

Since we updated to 219 in Ubuntu, several people reported boot
failures. Booting hangs a long time after starting D-Bus, in the
journal you get a lot of error messages like

    systemd[1]: Failed to register match for Disconnected message: Connection
timed out
    systemd-logind[749]: Failed to fully start up daemon: Connection timed out
    dbus[800]: [system] Failed to activate service
'org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1': timed out

polkitd isn't running. This causes lots of jobs (logind, NetworkManager, avahi,
etc.) to get stuck in an eternal retry loop.

Unfortunately reproducing this is a real nuisance, classic heisenbug.
I'm now able to trigger it (sometimes) in a VM, but I still haven't
found a reliable recipe for reproducing it, so that bisecting just
takes ages.

I'm keeping debug log, notes, and progress in
https://launchpad.net/bugs/1423811 FTR. This is mostly a heads-up for
other distros in case they also get reports like this, to shortcut the
debugging exercise (I already wasted 7 hours on this, and I'm not even
close to the solution). Quite surprisingly it's somewhere in journald.
Running 218 with journald from 219 causes the hang, 219 with journald
from 218 is fine.

I noticed this as well. Interestingly, it only ever happened after
applying the fsckd patches  and running with plymouth enabled.

We get it with "quiet splash" removed as well. It just that it's random on the machine load. We already ruled out the fsckd patch yesterday, but I did retry today again after this comment on my own vms and with systemd/udev/… ubuntu package "218-8ubuntu2" which doesn't contain the fsckd patch (and have the 218 and 219 systemd-fsck writing to /dev/console) + systemd-journal binary copied from 219-1ubuntu1, I was able to reproduce the hang after 15 boots.

Cheers,
Didier