Hi,

I ran into a use case where the activation phase of a service takes
significantly longer than the desired watchdog period (Activating: 10-20secs,
Watchdog: 1-5secs).

I found out that the watchdog features starts not before the service is in
state START_POST. This means for my use case that the system is blind for
10-20secs (whatever I set as startup timeout here).

Is there any way to activate the watchdog feature already in phase ACTIVATING?
I guess there should be a second watchdog configuration parameter to allow
services to use different values for the states ACTIVATING and RUNING.
Otherwise, people who are not interested in having a watchdog observation
during startup will run into troubles ...

Any opinions on that?

Best regards

Marko Hoyer

Advanced Driver Information Technology GmbH
Software Group II (ADITG/SW2)
Robert-Bosch-Str. 200
31139 Hildesheim
Germany

Tel. +49 5121 49 6948
Fax +49 5121 49 6999
mho...@de.adit-jv.com

ADIT is a joint venture company of Robert Bosch GmbH/Robert Bosch Car
Multimedia GmbH and DENSO Corporation
Sitz: Hildesheim, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Hildesheim HRB 3438
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Wilhelm Grabow, Katsuyoshi Maeda