Hi All,

I am a VDSM developer at Ovirt project.

VDSM is a daemon which is run as a systemd unit and manages a RHEV hypervisor.
During it's start up, under ExecStartPre the unit runs an initialization
script, that calls
a part of VDSM in order to configure networking on the host. During the network
initialization
'ifup' is called for interfaces with DHCP defined as their boot protocol.
dhclient then runs,
assigns an IP address to the interface and .... gets killed!

This is 100% reproducible.

I have done the following things to debug it:

1. using strace I discovered that dhclient is killed by SIGKILL
2. I have run systemd in debug mode (kernel parameters:
"systemd.log_level=debug
systemd.log_target=kmsg log_buf_len=1M")
3. added a dumb 'sleep 54321 &' line to the initialization script: the sleep
process was also killed.
4. tried to use auditctl to audit the kill system call but failed.

In dmesg I found those lines:
[Mon Mar  9 04:40:08 2015] systemd[1]: Child 3065 (dhclient) died (code=killed,
status=9/KILL)
[Mon Mar  9 04:40:08 2015] systemd[1]: Child 2700 (sleep) died (code=killed,
status=9/KILL)
[Mon Mar  9 04:40:08 2015] systemd[1]: Received SIGCHLD from PID 2700 (n/a).

Does this means that systemd is somehow killing those processes?

btw: This does not happen when ifup is run manually

Thanks,
Ido

system info: