I ran systemd 219 with most recent patches and

-PAM -AUDIT -SELINUX -IMA -APPARMOR -SMACK +SYSVINIT -UTMP
-LIBCRYPTSETUP -GCRYPT -GNUTLS -ACL -XZ -LZ4 -SECCOMP +BLKID -ELFUTILS
+KMOD -IDN

and, to compare, with

+PAM +AUDIT +SELINUX +IMA -APPARMOR +SMACK +SYSVINIT +UTMP
+LIBCRYPTSETUP +GCRYPT +GNUTLS +ACL +XZ -LZ4 -SECCOMP +BLKID +ELFUTILS
+KMOD +IDN

Checking memory RSS usage with 'sudo pmap -x -p 1' as suggested by
Mantas, the former case uses about 5 MB, while the later consumes
close to 9 MB.    I'm sure that with statically compiled kernel and
appropriate fstab that KMOD and BLKID are not needed either, but I
doubt that they affect memory usage much.

http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/MinimalBuilds/ says that
the minimum requirements are udev and journald.   I wonder if udev is
really needed if the kernel is completely statically compiled and
module loading is disabled?   That is a common use case for many
embedded devices.

Thanks,
Alison

--