On 04/18/2015 05:29 AM, Matt Hoosier wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 3:52 PM, Cristian Rodríguez
> <crrodrig...@opensuse.org <mailto:crrodrig...@opensuse.org>> wrote:

>     Did you watch this presentation ?
>
>     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFVlbaDqll8
>
>     what part of systemd is taking 1.5 seconds to start, on what CPU and
>     how much of RAM does the board has ?
>

> Thanks, I hadn't found that presentation before. My board is essentially
> a Panda ES, with gigabytes of RAM.
>
> A small point of clarification: when I say that systemd takes 1.5
> seconds, I'm referring to the time that elapses between the moment that
> /lib/systemd/systemd is exec'ed and the time that the first unit is
> shown in the 'systemd-analyze plot'. I haven't done an internal profile
> on the systemd binary to see what might be happening during that window yet.

Does it spend significant time in loading modules from kmod-setup.c
maybe? Maybe adding 'debug' to your kernel command line gives you a hint.

> Could you say a word more about the sys_accept4() and /sys/fs/cgroup
> issue? Was its only symptom that it caused systemd to run slower?

That was a udev issue which should not affect you anymore with recent
kernel versions (note the presentation is from 2011). It certainly has
nothing to do with the effect you're seeing.

Daniel