Hello cee1,

cee1 [2015-05-18 18:24 +0800]:
> Does the readahead-*.service shipped with systemd work for you?

systemd dropped the builtin readahead in 217. It's reasonably easy to
get back by reverting the "drop readahead" patches, but carrying that
patch in packages is fairly intrusive. In Ubuntu we've had
"ureadahead" [1] for many years which is "good enough" for things like
phones or other ARM boards with slow MMC storage, so I just added
systemd units to that. It's a separate project so that we don't need
to install ureadahead everywhere, just where/when we actually need it.

Martin

[1] https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ureadahead