On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 5:23 AM, Simon McVittie
<simon.mcvit...@collabora.co.uk> wrote:
> On 26/05/15 20:22, Mantas Mikulėnas wrote:
>> But right now, the 'user' bus does not exist by default. To create it,
>> you need either
>> a) enable/install/boot with kdbus,
>> or b) obtain the "dbus.service" & "dbus.socket" user units. (They're in
>> dbus-git, or various other places like
>> <https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Systemd/User#D-Bus>.)
>
> The Correct™ way to get dbus.service/dbus.socket user units these days
> is with dbus >= 1.9.14 configured with --enable-user-session.
>
> If there are other ways to get similar units (e.g. user-session-units),
> please deprecate them. dbus upstream is where this stuff should have
> been all along, and in particular, dbus >= 1.9.14 is where I've made
> sure that libdbus and `dbus-launch --autolaunch` connect to the user bus
> (if it exists) by default.
>
>> Configured this way, the 'user' bus won't replace the session bus yet
>
> This is not the case. If there is a user bus, then the session bus *is*
> the user bus.

Hmm.

I'm on F21 here. I can't tell if doing this is easy or hard or if it
will break anything else for me or the other 5 or 6 people that will
have to do the same thing on their systems. If F22 did this by default
I'd upgrade yesterday...

I'm still hoping we can get kdbus (and or user space improvements in
dbus performance...)

Chris