On 06/24/2015 12:20 PM, Thomas Schmidt wrote:
> Hello, many thanks for your replies!
>
> Is there an advise what should be used instead ? SDBus/DBus is too
> late activated, private socket looks like a short term solution. Is
> there anything already there which would be the optimal way ?

No. That's one of the reasons why we want kdbus.

> or will
> something be introduced once the code handling private socket will be
> changed ?

With kdbus in place, the private socket is disabled, because we have one
unified IPC to rely on throughout the lifetime of the system.

So, basically, you have two options: use the private socket, and prepare
to touch your code again once it goes away. Or use kdbus in your
embedded project, but prepare to adopt some changes in the kernel code.

With sd-bus used as low-level library, both options are definitely
manageable and shouldn't cause too much pain. But at this point in time,
there is no fully future-proof solution yet, sorry.

Thanks,
Daniel