Hello,

For services with Type=Forking, I'm wondering if systemd  proceeds
starting follow-up units when the command described by ExecStart= exits
or when the one described by ExecStartPost= exits ?

I tried to read the source code to figure this out and it *seems* that
the latter is true but I'm really not sure.

What about for services with other type (simple, oneshot) ?

Also the documentation says that only one command can be given to
ExecStart if the type of the service is Forking. However I don't see
this when reading the code:

service_sigchld_event() {
        } else if (s->control_pid == pid) {

                if (s->control_command &&
                        s->control_command->command_next &&
                        f == SERVICE_SUCCESS) {
                        service_run_next_control(s);
                }

In my understand this code is specific to service with Type=Forking

Could anybody clarfify ?

Thanks